Admission Process at the Renaissance School
We welcome children from all communities and ability groups. We are currently enrolling children from Pre-KG1 to Grade 6 for A.Y. 2021-2022.
To join our school community, please follow the admission process below.
1. Online Application Form
Please complete the Online Application Form and then submit it.
2. Submission of Required Documents
Submit the required documents and forms to the Admissions Department.
List of Required Documents:
I. For the Child:
- Copy of the latest school reports for the current year or the final report from last year (if applicable)
- Leaving Certificate (if transferring from other school in Dubai) / Transfer Certificate (if transferring from another Emirate within UAE) / Attested Transfer Letter (if transferring from outside UAE)
- Student Application Form
- Consent Declaration Form
- Child Pick Up Form
- Media Consent Form
- 4 Passport Size Photos
- Copy of Valid Passport, Emirates ID (front & back), and Residence Visa (for expatriate applicants only)
- Copy of Birth Certificate (must be attested)
- Copy of Vaccination Records
- Copy of Insurance (if any)
II. For the parents
- Copy of Valid Passport, Emirates ID (front & back), and Residence Visa (for expatriate families only)
- 1 Passport Size Photo for Each Parent
3. Payment of Registration Fee (AED 500)
The payment of the registration fee to the Accounts Department must be done prior to the assessment of the child.
4. Schedule of Assessment
Your child will be invited to an assessment session at the School where they will take part in age-appropriate activities so that we can understand your child better.
Whilst your child is being assessed, our team would be delighted to learn more about your needs and interests and to answer any remaining questions that you may have.
5. Result of Assessment
The result of the assessment will be sent to the email addresses provided by the parents on the online application form.
6. Payment of Tuition Fees & Completion of Registration
To secure your child’s place, we will need you to pay the admission deposit and ensure that all documentation has been provided. To comply with the Ministry of Education (KHDA)’s guidance, a Transfer Certificate and a Health Certificate are required before your child starts.
– For birth certificates, attestation is required from the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy of the country of origin.
– All documents must be submitted in either English or Arabic and legally translated and attested copies will be required where these are not the original languages of issue.
– If you have just arrived in Dubai and you are still waiting for your visa to be processed, we are happy to accept your application whilst you gain these documents. We will need copies once your visa and Emirates ID have been granted.
– Transfer Certificate/Letter needs to be attested by the Ministry of Education or equivalent Authority and the UAE Consulate in the home country, and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE. (In some cases, the Embassy of the home country in the UAE can fulfill the Attestation requirement for the Education Authority and UAE Consulate).
The following chart shows the transfer certificate requirements including attestation:
|Location they are transferring from||Transfer Certificate – Signature, stamp and attestation requirements|
|Another school in Dubai||All students from PKG to GR6 who were registered in any school in Dubai, have to submit a leaving certificate when they join Renaissance School.|
|Another Emirate of the UAE (from Year 3 / Grade 2)||School principal’s signature and school stamp Attestation by the Ministry of Education in the current emirate|
|School outside UAE||Attestation by the Ministry of Education or equivalent Authority and the UAE Consulate in the home country, and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the UAE. (In some cases, the Embassy of the home country in the UAE can fulfill the Attestation requirement for the Education Authority and UAE Consulate).|
|North America (except Quebec), Western Europe and Australia||School principal’s signature and school stamp|
Please apply to the exact grade with reference to the table below:
|Grade Level||Age Range (DOB)|
|Pre-KG||01/01/2018 – 31/08/2018
01/09/2017 – 31/12/2017
|KG1||01/01/2017 – 31/08/2017
01/09/2016 – 31/12/2016
|KG2||01/01/2016 – 31/08/2016
01/09/2015 – 31/12/2015
|Grade 1||01/09/2015 – 31/12/2015
01/01/2014 – 31/08/2014